Variety of audio files containing sounds that must be solved
The time for team building during a working day is strictly limited although teamwork is an important part of a job. Small methods can help to strengthen and support groups and to ease a school or training day.
Warm - up method for working towards further audio projects.
For downloading the complete material and information about Sound hunt as PDF file click here.
E X E R P T:
Duration: 1 – 2 school periods
Complexity: Low - threshold
Use of media: Audio
- Getting an insight of working with audio
- Team building
- Easing the lessons
- Collecting sounds for a audiobook developed later on
- Approach to a work process about sounds
Ways of presentation: As a sound riddle on the school website
- The sounds can be collected and used for audiobooks or other creative audio elements.
- They can be put as a riddle on the school’s homepage for example.
Demand: Enjoying dealing with acoustic s and technology.
Size of the group:
- Groups of 4
- Total number of group members is dependent on the number of recording devices and smartphones (3 – 4 persons per group are suitable)
- Recording devices (mobile phones are also possible ) including communication cables
- speakers Software / web service
- no software necessary in general
- the individual sounds can be put together to a n audio clip with the program Audacity, if needed.
Example project: The method sound hunt serves the sensitization of one’s own environment in the first place. It can also be put online, of course: http://www.max - weishaupt - realschule.de/sonstiges/geraeuscheraetsel/geraeusche.html