Socrative digital galleri
From 11 to 17.
How we can enhance learning process need with developing serious and learning games?
To make use of questionnairies to learning.
Software and apps to be used:
Socrative is a tool to make exams for students. It allows to students to answer in many different ways. Socrative is your classroom app for fun, effective classroom engagement. No matter where or how you teach, Socrative allows you to instantly connect with students as learning happens. Quickly assess students with prepared activities or on-the-fly questions to get immediate insight in-to student understanding. Then use auto-populated results to determine the best instructional ap-proach to most effectively drive learning. In the next pictures are shown the basic questions and answering style. The last anwering style allows student to have a competition with each other.
Versatile topics covered.
Students find it innovative to answer different kind of questions. One intersting way to use this tool is to let students themselves to make questions and find right answers. In this way sudent must learn the subject deeper compared to answering teachers questions.
Preparation of space for the Atelier:
We can prepare the demo questionnaire. Materials needed:
Only browser and internet connection. The Socrates has also free versions.
Main inspirations taken from personal research:
This can used with any discipline.
Mass media and social media connections:
This is mainly a stand alone tool. We can attach links to any media.
How do you plan to give voice to students to present or show their personal skills and knowledge?
By answering their voice can be heared.
How do you collect information as the starting point of a Digital Atelier?
Students have their own lecture material in use.
Introducing students to the key question - the research begings:
The course is gone through at this point when Socrative part will start.
- Action that unfolds the practical activity to clarify the question: The questions can have an introductory part.
- Active work of the students: Students write the answers.
- Presentation of findings and results (visualisation of information): Teacher can show results of the exam in the graphical form and curves.
- Analysis of results: Teacher makes the analysis and gives feedback.
Project/design phase - part 1
- Second action that unfolds the practical activity: According to feedback from the teacher, students make new trial.
- Active work of the students: Reading the material again.
- Presentation of findings and results (visualisation of information): Teacher has tools in Socra-tive to show graphical re-sulst.
- Analysis of results: Teacher can do analysis to whole class.
Project/design phase - part 2
- Third action that unfolds the practical activity: Each course makes basis for the next course.
- Active work of the students: Studying the next course.
- Presentation of findings and results (visualisation of information): Teacher makes the graphic form analysis and shows them and discuss with stu-dents.
- Analysis of results: Teacher can give advice how students can make better action.
Approach to a new software or a new app:
Teacher will quide the us-age of the Socrative sottware tool.
Links between the Digital Atelier and real life of the students:
Students could do their own questionnaire for example to fellow students as a pair.
How do you plan to evaluate knowledge and skills?
The Socrative is naturally in-tended for this kind usage.
The Socrative is a good feedback tool for students and helps teacher to evalu-ate the students in an inno-vative way.
The publication was created as part of the project: APP YOUR SCHOOL.
This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.